Our B Corp Journey so far...
Since joining the community and becoming a certified B Corp ourselves, we've been looking at ways that we can do better. That's why our score has jumped up a few points since our last assessment - we're constantly looking for ways to improve.
Here's a few things that we've implemented since we gained our certification:
- We've introduced two full days pay a year to any employees wanting to spend time doing charity work.
- We've introduced our match funding scheme for employees' community or charitable activities.
- We've seen a 500% increase in charitable giving.
- We've introduced our Employee's Assistance Programme (a confidential counselling service concentrating on the wellbeing of our team and their families).
- We've upskilled team members to support mental health wellbeing.
- We've introduced a local employment foundation that includes an NHS disability commitment statement.
- We've introduced policies that cover Business Ethics & Integrity, Environmental Preferred Suppliers, and Equality, Diversity and Inclusion.
- We've created a breastfeeding support policy for returning-to-work mums.