Many of us grew up in a digital age which could have easily seen the death of pen and paper – but no, stationery sales are stronger than ever. Here in the UK, we're a nation of stationery lovers. But why do we like stationery so much?
Perhaps it’s the promise of organisation or the ability to unleash our creative potential. Or maybe it’s just the way that it makes us feel?
Whatever it is, stationery holds something special to many people. Branded promotional stationery is still one of our biggest selling products here at Fluid Branding and it’s easy to see why.
Check out our 22 tell-tale signs of you developing a soft spot for stationery, and see which one best describes you!
1. You are told to use Google Calendar rather than your diary...and this is your sentiment…
2. You loved the week before returning to school after the summer holidays because you got to go stationery shopping
3. You use a new pen…and you know it's a winner
4. You enjoy listening to the podcast 'The Pen Addict'
5. You just love to doodle
6. You love opening letters
7. You still prefer to write a letter or note…..than send an email
8. You’re happy when you run your fingers over a letter-pressed card
9. You know how to spell stationery …but it's frustrating when you type it wrong
10. You love writing lists
11. You get upset when someone borrows your favourite pen and doesn’t return it.
12. You own more notebooks than space for all the thoughts in yours + your work colleagues heads
13. You open a brand new moleskine notebook for the first time and you feel something special....
14. Your bucket list includes Japan....just to visit a stationery store
15. You’ve owned pens with dangling charms
16. You're so excited you're getting married...because you get to choose the wedding stationery
17. You're enticed by a pen advert like this…
18. You chew pens and experienced this at least once...
19. You want to be able to nail this one day…
20. You realise the pen you're chewing on belongs to someone else
21. You drool over the stationery boards on Pinterest
22. You appreciate, or you’ve got, this tattoo
We hope you enjoyed that. We definitely nodded along to many of these within our office. Please drop us a comment below with your stationery favourites and experiences, we’d love to hear about them.